Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Crave for Samgyupsal !!!

For those who don't know much about Samgyupsal, here's little background for you guys. Just like our very own Philippine adobo , samgyupsal is one hell of a delightful meal. Primarily composed of a thinly - sliced pork belly, lettuce, some veggies on the side, kimchi, and ssamjang. Ssamjang - a chili paste that makes the dish even more flavorful and authentic.

with my Korean friend Ester
Pork belly cooked in a gas burner stove
Lettuce
(photo cr. : Mariecor)


Kimchi
(photo cr. : Mariecor)
Other ingredients

And here's a good combo that complements very well with Samgyupsal. Drumroll !!~~


Naengmyeon
(Photo Credits to Owner)
With the growing number of  Korean restaurants in my city comes the variety of good choices. In fact some restaurants serve cold noodles (Naengmyeon) to a single order of Samgyupsal. Yes! And on that note, I'm craving for it all the more. ha-ha

I can't just take ssamjang out of my head. Crazy!! Woaaaah.

Credits to owner: Korean home cooking site

2 comments:

sally said...

I like this food very much.
First,when I go to the store with my family, my parents start to roast the pork.
At the same time, my yonger sister and I eat other ingredients.
Especially, I like pajeon, I eat pajeon first. And, as soon as the pork is roasted, I eat the pork.
Many people wrap the pork in lettuce, but I usally wrap in the kimchi. and when I wrap the pork, I insert green onion, red pepper paste, and roasted garlic.
It is very delicious!!!
After that eat the pork, we eat Naengmyeon. Naengmyeon has two flavor, spicy and not spicy.
Usually, spicy Naengmyeon don't has
soup, not spicy Naengmyeon has soup. spicy Naengmyeon is so spicy,
I don't eat well.
Not spicy Naengmyeon is a little spicy in case of where we go.
When we eat not spicy Naengmyeon, we insert mustard.
Then, Naengmyeon will more delicious.

MJ Manago said...

Sally, thanks for that informative sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...