Saturday, April 28, 2012

Inexpensive Treats in Singapore

Singapore is composed of four main ethnic groups: Chinese, Indian, Malay, and Eurasian. Having that in mind, SG identifies their local delicacies as a fusion from different cuisines. As a foodie explorer, I happen to discover about "hawkers". A hawker is an open restaurant that serves a variety yet inexpensive food.

Hawker

Chicken rice with cucumber

Another open dining restaurant is called Food Republic. The concept combines a typical chain of restaurants and a hawker fare found at the lobby or at the upper floors in shopping malls. Since I was into something Japanese at that time, I ordered a fried fish bento. Yum.yum!


Fried Fish Bento

The next day, I went to the same store. hahaha. Cheers to another set of Japanese food! Hurray!

Claypot Roasted Pork Rice

For persons with bigger appetite, I highly recommend Indian Cuisines. Simply because they have the biggest servings of rice and viand.


So the next time, you go to Singapore, know places that are pocket - friendly. Bring a bottle of water with you and you'll definitely save buckets! :D

3 comments:

Nava Krishnan said...

Lovely spread of food and I do venture into hawker stalls and have found some of the best tasting food comes from here. The next time I am in Singapore, will give this place a try.

Liling said...

wahh ! hoping to get my feet to singapore,taste it by myself ! =)


http://lovelynemo.blogspot.com/2012/04/giveaway-contest-prize-camera.html

Jane said...

@Nava: Thanks.. Go dig in! :) Food at hawkers are awesome! Lots of choices.

@Liling: I know you'll do. Believe in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...